Replacement Levy 2024
Elma School Board Approves Replacement Levy Election
The Elma School Board agrees to place an Educational Programs and Operations Replacement Levy proposal before voters on the February 13, 2024 election ballot. The proposed levy is not a new tax. The measure would replace an expiring two-year educational programs and operations levy voters approved in 2022.
A Levy Committee Meeting for the Replacement Education Programs and Operations Levy will be held on Wednesday, November 29th, 2023 at 6:00pm in the Elma Elementary Multi-Purpose Room.
Elma School District is seeking applications from residents of the District interested in being appointed to a committee to write the for/against statements for the Grays Harbor and Mason Counties Local Voters’ Pamphlets related to the District’s Replacement Educational Programs and Operation Levy ballot measure to be considered at the February 13, 2024 special election. Interested residents should send their name, address, phone number, email address and which position they represent to: Lisa Arnold, Business Manager, Elma School District, 1235 Monte-Elma Rd, Elma, WA 98541 or via email at email@example.com by December 19, 2023. The Board will take action on the appointments at its December 20, 2023 meeting. In making the committee appointments, the Board will consider the criteria for appointments made by the Grays Harbor County Auditor’s Office established in the Grays Harbor County Election Guide for Jurisdictions.
What is an EP&O Levy?
- EP&O stands for Educational Programs and Operations.
- It's a local property tax approved by voters to support the district's general fund.
- Directly funds essential district operations not fully covered by state or federal funding.
- Supports district athletics, activities, and other educational programs.
- It's a replacement levy, not a new tax.
- The proposed rate is $2.19 per thousand, below the available $2.50 per thousand limit.
Comparable and Historic Levy Rates:
- Detailed information on comparable levy rates for surrounding area school districts, as well as, the historic rates for the Elma School District can be found in this presentation to the Elma School Board and Community Levy Meetings held in both October and November of 2023.
- For more information on the replacement levy proposal please reach out to our district office staff at 360.482.2822 or email firstname.lastname@example.org